Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Yama Focus

AHIMSA~
Ahimsa is to abstain from violent feelings, thoughts, words & actions. To maintain compassion towards your self and others.
To not push my body into physical pain, to avoid violent thoughts and reactions towards others, but mostly for me ahimsa is a need to be kind towards myself. I have a lifetime of habits to overcome, release, change {whatever word you like} I get down sometimes, I feel suffering sometimes, I am human, I am a work in progress, I have never claimed perfection, but I am proud of who I am, where I am, How I am and I refuse to let other's opinions create self doubt and anger towards myself.
I have smiled many more times than I have frowned. I have felt more joy than sadness. Have I always been kind to myself, kind to others, positive and optimistic, no! But have I experienced radical growth and found more balance and harmony than ever before; YES, absolutely.

I am a work in progress.

I see my truth, it is the only truth that is truly available to me.

So although people have recently attacked me pointing out all the things they don't like about me or the things they think I do wrong, I will not choose to direct hate my self nor my choices. I am on a path of love and light. I do not come by this path without dedication, experience, determination and on occasion I falter. I falter, but I choose to learn from my mistakes.

So for February I practice Ahimsa with extra conscious effort and love for myself

No comments: